Thank you for the love
We are closing in on the end of 2014, and we wanted to provide our readers some updates on what has been happening with How to Kill a Superhero recently. As you know, the series of books is published independently by Beast Within Books, and we rely on the interaction with you to make our books thrive.
We ran our contest in October, giving away singlets and books to several winners, and more than 110 readers replied to our survey. Here are some highlights of what we learned:
- You guys love your kink blogs. The majority of respondents found our books through kink blogs like Ruff's Stuff or Tumblr sites like The Side Kink.
- You want merch! Here are the top items you asked to see in our store: books, wrestling singlets, and superhero suits. We are listening to you! We have singlets and books already, but stay tuned for more surprises on all three fronts in the next few months.
- 54 percent of respondents prefer to read books digitally. 46 percent prefer paper books.
- You want spinoffs! We have news about that for you later on in this post.
- You like our web site, but it could use some work. Though many of you gave us very high marks, the majority of ratings for howtokillasuperhero.net were 3 (on a scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being great). Today, we are happy to announce that we have a newly redesigned site that makes it much easier to find and buy the books, shop for great in our store, and stay on top of updates. Also, many of you requested that we update the site more often since you don't always use social media. This is why we will be posting many posts like this one in the months to come.
- The readership of the people who took our survey was as follows: 88 percent gay, 5 percent other, 8 percent queer, and 3 percent straight.
Book 3 is Coming
Pablo Greene is a work on book 3 in the How to Kill a Superhero series. As you know, World Without Daylight left readers in a cliffhanger where Roland (and his new companion Stephan) have no choice but to make their way back to the United States. We are not big on spoilers, but we can tell you this: Book 3 will bring back The Crimson Hand, and --- tada! -- Nathan, the FBI agent. The new volume will also expand further into the worlds of rubber and fetish, and for the first time, the adventure will take place in New York City. We will be announcing the title of Book 3 in the month of December, so stay tuned. If you would like to get that update in your inbox, sign up for our mailing list. Book 3 is scheduled to arrive in summer of 2015.
We gave away singlets and books to three winners in Utah, Missouri, and Canada. We hope the winners have many adventures in the singlets. Below is a great selfie from one of the lucky guys who won the prize! Just look at this #superherofetish hotness. If you would like to knock 20% off the black singlet in our store, you can use the code "GOLDENMAN" (Good through 11/17/14).
You heard it here first: Beast Within Books is happy to announce a new bonus for fans of How to Kill a Superhero, coming up in late winter (March 2015). We will be releasing a new digital-only spinoff that will take readers deeper into the world of the Golden Man and the Gold Apocalypse. This digital-single will give readers a little something extra between the main volumes of How to Kill a Superhero. This book will be a short novel and it will focus on a main character other than Roland. It will be available on the Amazon Kindle store, as usual. And here's a hint of what's to come: if you like villains, this secret project is going to leave you breathless.
Please Help Us with a Review
One of the best ways you can help the books is by reviewing them. If you get a chance, leave us your review on Amazon.com, Good Reads, or even on your own blog or Tumblr (and send us the link at email@example.com). Thank you heroes and villains.